What is Volunteerism for G-B SWO all about?
With the vibrant aim of development in Gilgit-Balitistan, Gilgit-Baltistan Social Welfare Organization (G-BSWO) works with full dedication in sectors like education, health, Environmental sustainability, Promotion of tourism and all other sectors at all levels to uplift society as a whole. Currently the individuals who work for the organization work with full zeal in all these sectors. To further this goal G-BSWO is inspired by the conviction that volunteerism is a powerful tool to engage local people in talking socio-economic challenges across all regions of Gilgit-Baltistan. We urge every student and all other individuals to contribute with all others, their time, skills and knowledge through volunteerism so that we are able to carry this combined effort forward for the fulfillment of our goal i.e. socio-economic development across all regions in Gilgit- Baltistan and across all domains of social and economic life.
- Learning both practical as well as soft skills such as communication and problem solving, problem identifying and strategic brokering.
- Can gain and experience of the area volunteers who have an interest in for example medical services, teaching and tourism.
- Through volunteerism, volunteers can meet with people from all the disciplines of life and from all backgrounds. We believe that this can be a chance to find more about the local community. This process turns out to be a source of friendship and the volunteers will have an opportunity to network now and in the future.
- A platform for accomplishing the altruistic motives which provides you with a sense of accomplishment in the broader interest of your community, a feeling of improved self worth and self confidence.
- Provides an opportunity to give something back to your community
- Distribution of the certificates of participation from G-BSWO and from the relevant participatory organization.